Date: May 10, 2011
Location: Stanton Town Hall, 31186 - 40th Ave Way, Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Attending: Mark Dubbels, Paul Schluter, Neal Sjoquist, Cheryle Peters, (Secretary), and John Krantz.
Mark Dubbels called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM
Mark Dubbels made motion to approve agenda. John Krantz seconded the motion. Motion passed 5/0.
Mark Dubbels made motion to approve minutes.
Neal Sjoquist seconded the motion. Motion passed 5/0.
1. CUP clarification- the directive from the town board is to treat CUP’s as though the permit stays with the land, not the applicant. This directive is consistent with legal opinion from the Minnesota Association of Townships. Mark Dubbels made a motion to request a visit from the town board to discuss paragraph F., on page 22. John Krantz seconded the motion. Discussion was requested and ensued. The motion failed by majority. The Planning Commission would, however, request some further directive on a portion of paragraph F. of the Ordinance, page 22. (Expiration, Discontinuance, and Revocation of Permits. “A conditional use permit expires and becomes null and void if substantial progress has not been made in carrying out the use to which it relates within twelve months of its issuance. A conditional use permit also automatically becomes void if the use to which it relates is discontinued for at least twelve months”.
2. Ordinance Map- needs to be re-labeled for consistent language. A town board review for approval was requested. Cheryle will place the request on the board’s agenda for May 17th.
3. Ordinance- Ordinance needs to be refined and presented to the board for their approval and subsequent public hearing.
4. Wind Power –Reporting ensued.
5. Capx2020- Paul reported.
6. Lake Byllesby Park- Paul reported on the County Park and Trail meeting.
Mark Dubbels made motion to adjourn the meeting.
Neal Sjoquist seconded the motion. Motion passed 5/0
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 P.M.
Planning Commission Chair